Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 5: A Picture of your favorite memory

  Gosh, this is a hard one. And needing to search for a picture of it is even harder. Especially when half my stuff is in Steinbach and the rest is here with me in Otterburne. So, since I can't find the picture I am looking for, I will settle with this memory, one of the top 3. And that is spending time with my dad in the last days/weeks of his life. One particular day it was just me and him hanging out together at home. We were watching music videos on CMT (one of our favorite past times). This song called "Holes in the floor of Heaven" by Steve Wariner came on, and I just started to cry. My dad sat there holding and rubbing my hand to comfort me. It was so special. For Fathers Day this year, the Christian author Karen Kingsbury had a contest where you could write in 200 words about your best "Daddy Day" so I wrote her the story of that day with my dad, and I won out over 100 entries. I got her childrens book "Let's have a Daddy Day". So for now, the picture I have is this one ...
Later when I find a better one of my Dad and me I will insert it here.

1 comment: